Breaking the ice can be hard. You walk into your “new” dorm room and are thrown into the awkward task of getting to know your roommate, but some KJI campers have ideas on how to make it easier. 5 days of camp, and 5 tips to converse like a champ.
- “Try to find something in common so you have some place to start in building a connection,” Lexi Wood.
- “If you are funny try to joke around, but be cautious if they don’t laugh at your jokes you could have made things more awkward,” Jake Spechdask
- “Ask them about what they are here for and where they are from to try and build common interests,” Lucas Silva
- “Bring up your hobbies in hopes that they can relate to you and conversation continues on from there,” Conner Mitchell
- “I don’t enjoy breaking the ice, so I just say hi,” Mariah Seifert (pictured above)
Still having trouble? Listen to Shelby Mata (pictured above) talk about what she would do to ease things with a new roommate.