By: Isabella Davis
Students at the KJI camp are in class not knowing that there is a water main break and the water in Oliver Hall is out.
- There was a water main break on the north side of the KU campus.
- The water main break happened because of construction at 10:37 A.M.
- All 126 campers and 11 RA’s at Oliver Hall are affected.
- Lawrence WaterWorks should be here in the next 30 minutes to take a look and see what they can do to fix the problem.
“We are hoping that the water will be back on by Tuesday morning,” said KJI Director Jeff Browne, “however; we are asking that people do not use the water in Oliver Hall.”
Students are not able to go to the bathroom, take showers, or use the water fountains in Oliver Hall at this time. In the meantime all campers are being asked to use the restrooms and water fountains in the Student Union. The biggest concern right now is whether the students will be moved out of Oliver Hall.
“I am just concerned about campers at this point,” said Browne.
- Browne does not know if the break is affecting anyone else.
- At this time he does not know when the water will be back on.
- Students need to be patient, the city of Lawrence is trying to get the situation fixed.
- More updates will be posted soon on this website and on @kujournalism.